Do These Things Everyday If You Don’t Want To Put On Any More Weight

So perhaps you’ve got a beach vacation or a huge event coming up, and you spent a great deal of time and effort to get closer to (or maybe even reach) your body goals. But here comes the second part of the challenge: maintaining that weight and size.

Although it might seem very difficult to stay at your current weight and size, it actually isn’t! In fact, there are a few things you can do on a daily basis to prevent yourself from gaining any unwanted weight.

Curious? Today, Evolve Daily reveals 5 Things To Do Daily If You Don’t Want To Put On Any More Weight:

1) Engage in regular physical activity

In order to get the most out of your training, you should maintain a healthy diet.

In order to get the most out of your training, you should maintain a healthy diet.

Most of us spend a portion of each day sitting in front of a computer or laptop – be it at work or school. Unfortunately, this sometimes turns into a daily routine and we get so used to it that we stop feeling the need to regularly hit the gym, or go for that evening run. After all, we feel like most of our energy is spent working and being productive.

However, sitting for long hours daily can be linked to leading a sedentary lifestyle. According to research, people who lead such lifestyles end up having more difficulty with burning fat and hence, their bodies end up with more overall fat stores. And the scary thing is that this fat gain can occur even when you’re sticking to a low-calorie diet!

So make it a point to get moving, and stay active. It helps to plan a workout schedule ahead of time, and don’t forget to include some strength training in your routine! This is because when you build muscle, your body burns more calories even when at rest.


2) Munch on fiber-rich food


If you don’t know yet, fiber helps reduce your hunger and regulates your bowels, hence aiding in the fat melting process. So include fruits, vegetables and whole grains in your daily diet to stay full for longer periods of time. Apart from that, it also helps to have 5 to 6 small meals daily. Doing so would not only help you stay full throughout the day, but also increase your production of body heat and burn more calories in the process!


3) Allow yourself to indulge once in awhile


While it’s important to make healthy food choices, it’s just as crucial to not deprive yourself of that occasional bar of chocolate! When you allow yourself to indulge in moderation, you’re less likely to get unhealthy cravings and binge on junk food. Following the 90/10 rule – where you eat healthy 90% of the time and leave the other 10% for indulgence – makes it easier to have an overall healthier diet and prevents you from getting those additional pounds from binge eating junk food.


4) Stay hydrated throughout the day


When you don’t drink enough water, there’s a good chance that you’ll end up getting hungry and consuming unnecessary calories – although it’s actually your thirst affecting you. So make sure you drink at least 8 glasses of water daily so that your body can function at its best and flush fat out more effectively! The best part about water is that it’s calorie-free and helps remove toxins from your body so you can stay healthy.


5) Set (and stick to) a daily bedtime


When you’re sleep deprived, you not only feel tired the following day, but also tend to reach out for junk food – because a lack of sleep messes with your hunger-regulating hormones and causes you to lean towards sugary foods to give you that sugar rush. What’s more, your body would produce higher levels of cortisol (the stress hormone), which has been linked to belly fat. Eek!

The best way to prevent this from happening is to establish a healthy sleep cycle by setting a bedtime that you’ll keep to daily (yes, this includes weekends!) When you do so, you’ll be able to ensure that you’re getting the ideal 7 to 9 hours of sleep every night and preventing your body from putting on any unwanted additional weight.


Now that you know what you can do to not gain any extra weight before your big event, remember to follow these tips and get into the best shape of your life!

More in Tips

4 Secrets To Losing Weight After 40

4 Secrets To Losing Weight After 40

When we were younger, we could eat anything we wanted, and we would barely gain a pound. The boundless energy of youth would be enough to put us in a caloric deficit without even trying….

Also On Evolve

Why Is Muay Thai So Addictive?

Why Is Muay Thai So Addictive?

Known as the ‘Art of Eight Limbs’, Muay Thai is one of the most addictive martial arts you could ever try. It also happens to be one of the most effective striking arts. Muay Thai…