Pongsaklek is an Instructor at Evolve Mixed Martial Arts in Singapore. He is multiple-time WBC Boxing World Champion. Widely considered one of the top 5 greatest flyweights in history, he is also a two-time former Ring magazine flyweight champion. Pongsaklek’s professional fight record in boxing is 90-5-2 with 47 KOs. With one of the most number of title defenses (17) in the history of the flyweight division, Pongsaklek is regarded as one of the best flyweights in history.
The Lightning Southpaw 162cm/ 50.8kg 90-5-2 Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand
- Named ‘Fighter of the Decade’ by the WBC
- One of the top 5 greatest flyweights in history of the world
- Defended his title 17 times
- From July 11, 1996 to July 18, 2007, he won 56 consecutive bouts, the longest continuous win streak in boxing at the time
Pongsaklek Wonjongkam's Videos
Quick facts on Pongsaklek Wonjongkam
- When he was 15, he switched from Muay Thai to Boxing after a promoter noticed his powerful punches.
- His original retirement plan was to open a shop in Korat, his hometown.
- He enjoys playing the guitar and singing.
- The fighters he looks up to are former WBC Flyweight Chatchai Sasakul and former Super Flyweight Samson Dutch Boy Gym.
- He has only one younger brother, making him the eldest in his family.
- His signature boxing move is the right hook.