Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ)
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, or BJJ, is a martial art based on grappling and ground fighting, focusing on the skill of controlling one’s opponent through techniques that force him or her to submit. BJJ prides itself on being known as “the gentle art”, allowing a smaller, weaker person using leverage and submissions to defend himself against a bigger opponent.
Evolve MMA is the largest BJJ gym in Singapore and is home to the first and only Renzo Gracie Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu gym in Asia. Our BJJ classes are led by the largest and most accomplished BJJ instructor team in Asia. Our professors are authentic Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu World Champions and National Champions from Brazil. While training at our BJJ gym in Singapore, you will have access to our premier BJJ program. Equally important, as a BJJ student in Singapore and our gym, you will be exposed to a variety of BJJ styles due to the diverse backgrounds and BJJ lineage of our instructors.
The Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu classes in Singapore at our gym are divided according to the traditional BJJ belt ranking system. Students in our BJJ program will learn chokehold and joint lock submissions as well as positional techniques and ground control. The objective of your BJJ training should be to obtain complete mastery of ground control and submissions.
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) Instructors
- Rafael Dos Anjos, World Champion
- Shinya Aoki, World Champion
- Leandro Thomas Issa da Silva, World Champion
- Bruno Pucci, World Champion
- Rafael "Gordinho" Correa de Lima, World Champion
- Gamal Hassan, Champion
- Alex Silva, World Champion
- Valdir Rodrigues, Champion
- Fabio Da Mata, Champion
- Rodrigo Marello, World Champion
- Mauricio Von Held, Champion
- Bismarck Gomes, World Champion
- Thales Nakassu, Champion
- Roger Gracie, World Champion
- Marcus "Buchecha" Almeida, World Champion
- Garry Tonon, World Champion
- Henrique Almeida, World Champion
- Robson Índio Silva, Champion
- João Paulo Marin, Champion
- Danielle Kelly
Benefits Of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ)
- Trains cardiovascular strength and endurance more effectively
- Full-body workout as it engages the entire upper and lower body
- Build lean muscle and look extra cut and ripped
- Develop more confidence and mental resilience
- Release stress, feel rejuvenated, and increase your energy level
- Fun and dynamic workouts for all ages
- Learn self-defense to protect yourself and your loved ones
What Makes Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) At Evolve Different
- Authentic BJJ instructors and World Champions
- You can train 7 days a week with our biggest class schedules in Asia
- Train at a BJJ gym near you with convenient locations in Singapore
- Modern state-of-the-art facilities
- A safe, fun, and supportive environment for everyone
- Official Renzo Gracie curriculum and belt promotions
- Seminars conducted by BJJ World Champions
- Join the Evolve BJJ Competition Team
- Eligible to compete in amateur or pro; local and international BJJ events
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Self-Defense classes for boys and girls ages 4 to 13 through our Little Samurai Children’s Program
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) For Beginners
At our BJJ gym in Singapore, we believe in giving our students a strong foundation through solid fundamentals. Our BJJ program covers both self-defense and sport Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Students at our BJJ gym will benefit from improvements in their mental focus, cardiovascular endurance, balance, flexibility, strength, and coordination.
BJJ beginners will start in one of our white and blue belt BJJ classes, which place an emphasis on mastery of the most basic and fundamental BJJ techniques. The students will learn fundamental techniques carefully chosen by our World Champion instructors that can be applied throughout the rest of their BJJ journey.
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) For Intermediate And Advanced Students
Higher-level BJJ students will have access to purple belt BJJ classes and black belt BJJ classes in our gym here in Singapore. These BJJ classes build upon the solid foundation developed through our beginner BJJ classes, with a focus on an in-depth exploration of the gentle art of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
Based on a carefully planned curriculum created by our World Champion instructors, the objective of this BJJ program is to further advance our students towards the ultimate goal of earning a BJJ Black Belt. In these BJJ classes, our students will be exposed to more advanced techniques as well as live training sessions or sparring, creating a challenging yet exciting environment for students to further progress in their Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu journey.
This BJJ class is perfect for any student who is serious about BJJ competition and determined to achieve the goal of earning a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt.Book Your Trial Class Now!
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) Competition Team
If your objective is to compete in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, you may try out for the Evolve Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Competition Team, the largest amateur competition team in Asia. Members of this team will be trained to compete in the toughest and best Asian competitions as well as world championship events all over the globe. Our competition team members regularly compete on the local BJJ circuit, and it is our goal to prepare them for success at the Mundials, ADCC Championships, and other top BJJ tournaments. We pride ourselves on being the very best competition team for Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in Singapore.Book Your Trial Class Now!
More Information On Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ)
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) is a martial art based on grappling and ground fighting. It focuses on controlling your opponent and applying techniques that force him or her to submit. Most of the techniques learned in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu concentrate on taking your opponent down to the ground and keeping them there, enabling you to attack for submissions. Studies show that 95% of street fights end up on the ground, making Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu one of the most effective, real-life fighting systems on the planet.
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu enables the smaller, weaker practitioner to use leverage, grip, and position to overcome a bigger and stronger opponent. It is a highly technical martial art that not only provides its students with a deeper understanding of the workings and limits of the human body, but also equips them with problem solving skills and greater body awareness.
Book Your Trial Class
Test drive the Evolve experience with a 30 minute Complimentary Introductory Class with a World Champion! Classes are available for all ages, skill levels, and genders.
Kindly leave your contact information and we will get back to you ASAP.