Adam is the Head Coach of the famed EVOLVE Fight Team at Evolve Mixed Martial Arts in Singapore. Adam started training in Judo and Tae Kwon Do as a child, but found BJJ when he was 18. He fell in love with it and moved to Brazil to train, eventually earning his black belt in BJJ under Master Ricardo Liborio. Adam is also a two-time World Champion in Muay Thai, winning the WPMF World Muay Thai World Championship twice. He is a true martial artist, studying multiple martial arts, including Silat, Kali, Aikido, and Judo. Adam established himself as an early pioneer of MMA and BJJ in Asia, and has fought in ONE Championship with his deep knowledge of different martial disciplines.
Quick facts on Adam Shahir Kayoom
- 2x WPMF World Muay Thai World Champion
- Holds black belts in Tae Kwon Do, Shorinji Ryu Karate Do, and BJJ
- First Malaysian to be conferred a black belt in BJJ
- Trained in multiple martial arts, including Silat, Kali, Muay Thai, and Judo
- Pioneer of MMA and BJJ in Asia