World champions, Olympians, MMA superstars — apart from all these amazing credentials, what do the members of the Evolve MMA Instructor Team have in common?
Today, Evolve Daily shares 19 Hilarious Facts About The Evolve MMA Instructor Team:
2) 10 years ago, Evolve Fight Team Head Coach and Olympian Heath Sims had a full head of hair. Pretty hard to imagine, huh?
3) Tough guy on the mats and a beast in the ONE Championship cage, BJJ No Gi World Champion Bruno Pucci is a softie in real life. He lists Godzilla and The Karate Kid as movies that have made him cry.
4) A big Kung Fu fan, ONE Superstar Eddie “The Magician” Ng would try all his Bruce Lee moves on his younger brothers when he was growing up. He even admits to making his own pair of nunchucks with paper and tape.
6) Almiro Barros, Mundials World Championship Silver Medalist and head instructor of the Evolve MMA Children’s Program is one of the most sentimental members of the Evolve MMA Instructor Team. There’s nothing that won’t move this man to tears!
7) Multiple-time Muay Thai World Champion Orono Wor Petchpun is simply obsessed with Bumblebee from Transformers – he even has the tattoo to prove it!
8) This probably isn’t all that surprising but ONE Superstar and NCAA Division 1 Wrestler Jake Butler was a former underwear model. Don’t bother googling it because we can’t find the photos either!
9) The legendary Yodkunsup Por Pongsawang isn’t just an awesome trainer, he’s also great at housekeeping. In fact, he claims that he loves cooking and cleaning!
10) Contrary to his musclebound appearance, Brazil Nationals BJJ Champion Gamal Hassan thrives on a diet of bananas and sandwiches.
11) Don’t let his crazy wrestling skills fool you, ONE Welterweight World Champion Ben Askren is one of the biggest bookworms out there. He reads an average of 9 books a week!
12) Apart from being total badasses, ONE Lightweight World Champion Shinya Aoki and Muay Thai World Champion Yoddecha Sityodtong have one other thing in common – they’re both deathly afraid of heights!
13) Trainer of World Champions, “Papa” Daorung Sityodtong can never leave the house without his “secret” chilli sauce. Don’t ask us what’s in it – it’s a secret for a reason!
14) ONE Superstar Angela Lee has always been muscular – you can blame it on genetics, but she claims that as a little girl, her father would always find sneaky ways to build and test her strength.
15) What’s the one thing that ONE Superstar Benedict Ang finds scarier than fighting in the ONE Championship cage? Getting tickled! Benedict is extremely ticklish and has tapped out more than once during training because of it
16) When he started fighting Muay Thai professionally, ONE Strawweight World Champion and multiple-time Muay Thai World Champion Dejdamrong Sor Amnuaysirichoke was given the nickname “fierce eyes” – enough said.
17) Muay Thai World Champion Nonthachai Sit O has the most distinct laugh in Evolve MMA. Once you hear it, you can’t help but laugh as well!
18) ONE Superstar Amir Khan isn’t just fearless in the cage, he’s also fearless when it comes to fashion. Somebody give the man a modelling contract already!
19) Muay Thai World Champion Kanongsuk Chuttawana is known to his Facebook and Instagram followers as “the selfie king”. His daily “selfies” are something we all look forward to every morning!
So tell us, which of these facts cracked you up the most?