Armbar Escape #1 (Sit up and break the sleeve grip)
• Use momentum to help you sit up.
• As you break the grip, remember to pull upwards and not sideways.
Armbar Escape #2 (Head over the thigh and bridge up)
• Pull his leg over and under your head.
• Bridge up with force, using your hips for more power.
Armbar Escape #3 (Push his foot into your half guard)
• Sneak your opponent’s foot into your half guard with your free hand.
• Do the same movement as the 2nd escape and bridge.
Armbar Escape #4 (Stack your opponent)
• Similar to the 1st escape, you will use momentum to sit up and get into position.
• Make sure you stack your opponent, using pressure as you pass the guard and establish side control.
Armbar Escape #5 (Hitchhiker escape)
• As soon as your opponent breaks your grip to get the armbar, turn your thumb up as you extend your arm over your head.
• Don’t forget to bridge as you do this technique!
Remember, BJJ is a martial art that requires a lot of strategy. Using these techniques should be your LAST RESORT!
Evolve Mixed Martial Arts® is Asia's premier championship brand for martial arts. It has authentic World Champions in Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Mixed Martial Arts, Boxing, Wrestling, and No-Gi Grappling. Named as the #1 ranked martial arts organization in Asia by CNN, Yahoo! Sports, FOX Sports, ESPN StarSports, Tokyo Times, and many other leading authorities, Evolve MMA aims to deliver the best martial arts instruction available anywhere on the planet.
The triangle choke is one of BJJ’s signature submissions. One of the reasons why the triangle choke is so effective is its versatility. The triangle choke has multiple variations, and there are many ways to…
The rear naked choke is one of BJJ’s signature techniques. It requires little strength to apply, and is effective on opponents of all sizes, making it a great submission for smaller grapplers. As is the…
BJJ beginners usually want to focus on one thing: submissions. After all, submissions are what most people picture when they think about BJJ or MMA. However, without a complete BJJ skillset, your opportunities to apply…
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is an amazing sport. And Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu for kids is extremely popular among kids of all ages. If you’re a parent in Singapore and you’re considering enrolling your child in a BJJ class,…
BJJ has a steep learning curve. In other words, it takes much longer to get good at BJJ than other sports. Even experienced athletes often have trouble with BJJ when they first get started. Therefore,…
Although previously frowned upon, leg locks have exploded over the last few years in the grappling world. Despite their popularity, however, confusion still remains regarding the legality of various types of leg locks. Although the…
The truth of the matter is, eight-division boxing world champion Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao is just an absolute physical specimen. His own unique blend of speed, power, athleticism, and toughness has been unparalleled in the sport…