Armbar Escape #1 (Sit up and break the sleeve grip)
• Use momentum to help you sit up.
• As you break the grip, remember to pull upwards and not sideways.
Armbar Escape #2 (Head over the thigh and bridge up)
• Pull his leg over and under your head.
• Bridge up with force, using your hips for more power.
Armbar Escape #3 (Push his foot into your half guard)
• Sneak your opponent’s foot into your half guard with your free hand.
• Do the same movement as the 2nd escape and bridge.
Armbar Escape #4 (Stack your opponent)
• Similar to the 1st escape, you will use momentum to sit up and get into position.
• Make sure you stack your opponent, using pressure as you pass the guard and establish side control.
Armbar Escape #5 (Hitchhiker escape)
• As soon as your opponent breaks your grip to get the armbar, turn your thumb up as you extend your arm over your head.
• Don’t forget to bridge as you do this technique!
Remember, BJJ is a martial art that requires a lot of strategy. Using these techniques should be your LAST RESORT!
Evolve Mixed Martial Arts® is Asia's premier championship brand for martial arts. It has authentic World Champions in Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Mixed Martial Arts, Boxing, Wrestling, and No-Gi Grappling. Named as the #1 ranked martial arts organization in Asia by CNN, Yahoo! Sports, FOX Sports, ESPN StarSports, Tokyo Times, and many other leading authorities, Evolve MMA aims to deliver the best martial arts instruction available anywhere on the planet.
MMA began as a way to determine which martial art was the most effective, by pitting fighters from individual disciplines against one another. In the modern-day, that’s not the case. If an athlete wants to…
Royce Gracie is the man who put Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) on the map and started MMA’s push into mainstream consciousness. He didn’t develop the grappling art. That credit mostly goes to his father Helio Gracie…
Classic Jiu-Jitsu has its roots in Japan, like many other martial arts. The same goes for its derivative, Judo. Midway through the last century, Judo made its way to Brazil, where it underwent some transformation. …
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is one of the most effective martial arts you can learn, and most people have lots of fun during their training sessions. A derivative of Judo, BJJ focuses on ground fighting, particularly using…
In BJJ, you can divide submissions into two categories: fundamental submissions and unorthodox submissions. The gogoplata falls into the latter category. In this article, we discuss the gogoplata—a challenging and rarely seen BJJ and MMA…
Also known as the Art of Eight Limbs, Muay Thai is arguably the most complete striking-based martial art you can learn. Unlike most striking-based combat styles, which typically restrict you to only using your hands…
The truth of the matter is, eight-division boxing world champion Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao is just an absolute physical specimen. His own unique blend of speed, power, athleticism, and toughness has been unparalleled in the sport…