Armbar Escape #1 (Sit up and break the sleeve grip)
• Use momentum to help you sit up.
• As you break the grip, remember to pull upwards and not sideways.
Armbar Escape #2 (Head over the thigh and bridge up)
• Pull his leg over and under your head.
• Bridge up with force, using your hips for more power.
Armbar Escape #3 (Push his foot into your half guard)
• Sneak your opponent’s foot into your half guard with your free hand.
• Do the same movement as the 2nd escape and bridge.
Armbar Escape #4 (Stack your opponent)
• Similar to the 1st escape, you will use momentum to sit up and get into position.
• Make sure you stack your opponent, using pressure as you pass the guard and establish side control.
Armbar Escape #5 (Hitchhiker escape)
• As soon as your opponent breaks your grip to get the armbar, turn your thumb up as you extend your arm over your head.
• Don’t forget to bridge as you do this technique!
Remember, BJJ is a martial art that requires a lot of strategy. Using these techniques should be your LAST RESORT!